Ivy Tutor Test Prep Tutoring offers expert test prep tutoring to empower students to score at their highest potential.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Ivy Tutor College Consulting Services include but are not limited to
- Personalized Test Prep Tutoring
- Personalized Tutor Matching
- Advice Related to Test Prep
- Diagnostic Practice Tests
- Resources and Referrals to Assist With Obtaining Extended Time
- Provision of Practice Materials
- Free & Unlimited* Practice Tests
- Test Registration Deadline Reminders
GENERAL TUTORING SERVICE TERMS
- Ivy Tutor Test Prep Tutoring is a collaborative process between the Tutor and Student.
- Ivy Tutor employs a number of expert tutors. Ivy Tutor will endeavor to match the Student with the best fit. If parents request a replacement tutor, Ivy Tutor will provide a qualified replacement. There are a maximum of two such replacement requests.
- Tutors will be available via text or email for both the Student and their Parents for matters pertaining to Test Prep Instruction.
- Scheduling changes must be made via text through the scheduling line: (301) 392-7933.
- Ivy Tutor has a 24-hour cancellation policy.
- Each package offers a generous cancellation allowance. After the cancellation allowance is exhausted, cancellations will count toward a prepaid session.
- A confirmation text will be sent out between approximately 24 and 6 hours prior to the scheduled meeting. A parent or student confirmation is sufficient for a session to proceed. Failure to confirm a session will be assessed as a regular cancellation.
- Ivy Tutor understands that life is unpredictable. To ensure sufficient regularity, all packages must be used within a period equal to 1.5x the weeks of the sessions provided in the package. For example, a package with 12 sessions must be used within 18 weeks. To extend the package length, parents may request a tutoring pause of a predefined length.
- For late student arrivals, Ivy Tutor will attempt to provide the full session length of instruction. However, the session may have to end at the scheduled time if the tutor has a subsequent commitment.
- Ivy Tutor may provide score projections. These are not to be construed as promises or guarantees. While positive improvement is always observed, predicting the degree to which a student will improve is inexact.
IN-PERSON TUTORING SERVICE TERMS
- Ivy Tutor may replace up to 1 of 5 projected in-person tutoring sessions with a virtual session for purposes of health, public safety or travel.
- Parents may request meetings at an alternative location, provided that Student and Tutor have a quiet tutoring space free of distractions or interruptions.
- Cancellations that occur once the tutor is enroute and no-shows will count toward a prepaid lesson.
- Tutors will endeavor to arrive on time but may arrive up to 30 minutes late. Parents will receive a notification as early as is feasible of arrivals that project to be more than 30 minutes late. Parents may then request a replacement meeting.
ONLINE TUTORING SERVICE TERMS
- Tutors will meet with students via Google Meet or other video conferencing service.
- Tutors may arrive up to 15 minutes late. Parents will receive a notification as early as is feasible of arrivals that project to be more than 15 minutes late. Parents may then request a replacement meeting.
- In the case of technical difficulties, the lesson will be rescheduled.
- Students are required to keep their cameras on during all sessions. Tutors will also have their cameras on.
BILLING, RATES AND PAYMENTS TERMS
- Test Prep Tutoring is billed by the hour.
- The hourly rate for non-package tutoring is $320. Payment is due at or prior to time of meeting.
- The tasks and services that count toward billable hours are those in which an Ivy Tutor Test Prep Tutor is offering live instruction.
- 50% of the package must be paid before Tutoring is provided. The residual amount must be paid by the mid-point of the package.
- For non-prepaid tutoring, a cancellation fee of $60 will be assessed for cancellations made between 24 and 3 hours ahead of the scheduled session. Cancellations made less than 3 hours before the scheduled session will be charged a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the lesson. No-shows will be charged at 100% of the lesson fee.